Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thought I fooled you...?!

No--I didn't get my holidays mixed up--it's not April Fool's--I just didn't get around to posting before now. And ya know-I for one will be happy when 2010 gets here-and we have new, clean slate with the holidays behind us and everyone gets back to blogging on a regular basis! I've missed a lot of the regular bloggers whose sites I like to visit and believe me, not feeling well, I've checked out about all there is! I do not do "down, girl" well! lol.
Ok-enough of all that. Here's Zachary's birthday card. Yes, it's one of "those" again-but he's not seen it so he won't care! He's a great basketball player and a huge Duke fan (I remember when he was just a baby and his dad screamed while watching a game-so did Zachary and I dare say they make a good bit of noise now watching games, too!) Doing guy card can be a challenge! The alpha stamps are CTMH and the basketball player and hoop is from Mo's Digital Pencil. I love it! I saw him done on http://www.simplypaperandstamps.blogspot.com/. She cut him out and layered it 2-3 times--so his hand looks like it is right there in your face, then the ball, etc.! The photo doesn't do it justice even though I used 4 layers of pop-dots! The letters and sentiments I cut out
(I can hear Theresa groaning!) and embossed with silver. No clue...who the basketball paper is by--but it made a great background! I've had it 3-4 years as I used it on another of Zachary's cards that long ago! It aged well, dontchathink?! The scoreboard with the sentiment I did in Publisher (gotta love that program!). His "gift" will go in that navy blank space to the left (money, of course...what else can you give a 22 year old?!)
Ok-I also promised a sneak peak at the supplies for our January 2010 class. Didn't have the best light-but here it is. I absolutely LOVE the definition stamp set! The flowers are great, too (oops-not shown), but I know my most-used new set will be the definitions-for now, anyway! I know-some of you are saying the pink and the flowers are girly-give it a chance, though--when paired with the chocolate brown, robin's egg blue and burgandy--it takes on a whole new look.
Time to stretch out and watch another movie then probably early to bed for us! No midnight celebration unless we're too miserable to sleep! Whatever you do, be safe-I wish each of you a happy, healthy and blessed 2010. Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon

No comments: