Sunday, December 27, 2009

Planning and preparing...

Christmas...has come and GONE! I am still recovering! Thankfully, my husband and son cooked---I did help clean up (figured any germs I had would be killed in the dishwasher!). I am now in my "get ready for the new year mode..." Every year... I want to have things cleaned up, organized, my list made as to what I want to accomplish (realistically, of course!) in the new year. It's just something about being able to start with a "clean slate" vs. trying to play "catch up" with last's year's "undone items." So that's how I will be spending the next few days. Relaxing inbetween and trying to finally kill whatever bug this is I have...and, unfortunately, shared with my husband as well!
I've been watching Ali Edwards blog (www.aliedwards.typepad.com) For those of you who don't know, Ali is guru of the scrapbooking world. Well-known. Over the top stuff. Some of us just might even call her obsessive-compulsive! Well, she did a daily journal of sorts of the 24 days leading up to Christmas. Now mind you, she is also the mother of two small children. A wife. A homemaker. And she did this journal--every day. Not just a few little notes jotted here and there-I am talking all out embellished, photographs, etc. BOOK. You can see it for yourself on her blog. I don't have kids. I do work, part-time. I have a husband who cooks. But there is absolutely no way on God's green earth I would've been able to not only keep up-but get this book done! Lol. Oh, I could have started---I dreamed about it-I really, really did. But I know it wouldn't have happened! So--what did I do today? I ran around the house and took some not-so-conventional Christmas pictures. Some of my favorite things, just odds and ends to add to the "traditional" family-opening-gifts photos. I should have..taken a picture of the beach in the rain on Christmas day-taken my camera to church Christmas eve...gotten a photo of the turkey-just the turkey--no, not my HUSBAND--the bird we ate! Lol! I have a book made. It was the sample book for our January class. While we won't use Christmas papers for our class, I did for this one. It's called Holly Jolly Jingle-and (I think) you can find it on an old post of mine. And, when I get out in the world again (yes, I can drive over OKI bridge, sneeze AND blow my nose at the same time--and still live to tell about it! Didn't know I was so talented, didja?!) and to Wally World, I will print copies of my pictures to be scrapped. For now, these will have to do...here's a glimpse into our Christmas...

James, the youngest, always smiling...





daughter-in-law Dawn and
oldest son, Tommy...my husband made a photo album for each of the three boys with all their lifetime photos in it!






my good-looking husband, Brook,
showing off a gift from Tommy and Dawn...





Me admiring a new dragonfly
necklace and earrings...




my hubby and I...






Bad Cat "lurking" under the dinner table

hoping for a turkey hand-out...
and yes, he & the other cats got some...it was Christmas, after all!


my favorite ornament...passed down from my Grandmother, this ornament came (with her parents?) from Germany...it is plastic and the little "fan" in the center actually rotates...I remember standing in front of her tree watching it for what seemed like forever...I thought it was magic the way it would stop and start...I know its at least 49 years old...


last but not least a small, plastic nativity. This was my husband's but I remember having one just like it when I was growing up. I do believe that there was an angel on top that has been broken off...but then...it, to is 50+ years old...

Well, that's it from our house for Christmas 2009! I pray that you and yours had a happy and blessed Christmas and that you will take some time to relax, regroup, and meet 2010 with the true reason for the Christmas season still in your heart, a renewed sense of purpose and that you will be blessed as well as being a blessing to others!
Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping.
Blessings, Sharon

No comments: