Friday, July 2, 2010

Clarification...

Whew! I am glad yesterday was my work "Friday" and I am home for a looong week-end! It has been hot, hot, hot and the island and Southport (neighboring town) is buzzing with tourists for the large July 4th celebration that, for whatever reason, the powers that be decided we must celebrate on the 5th rather than the 4th? Go figure...Theresa and I had lunch together and shopped at one of our local thrift stores. We both found some clothing (and it was buy 1 get 1 free!) and I found a half-size version of the crop-in-style xl ---for $ 8!!! I am sure its really a large brief case/office on wheels as it has locks on the large center part-but if you were to cut a crop-in-style xl in half-this is exactly what you would have! It's perfect---and what a deal-maybe I should say steal! It's always been said, "one man's trash is another man's treasure!" And, as if that weren't enough of an awesome start to the celebration--I stopped at our local Wal-Mart on the way home. Tired of my bra straps falling down and it cutting me in half, I checked out the lingerie dept. fully expecting to not find the size I wanted and need (I think every woman in a 100-mile radius must wear my size because they never have it!)--I found not one but 2 bras with that extra width-inch or so I need! They have NEVER carried that size before! : ) Sorry if that's TMI but what woman hasn't suffered through an ill-fitting bra at one time or another?! LOl! See-you know what I am talking about! Picked up Chinese to eat for dinner and we dined on our front deck with a light ocean breeze while watching the ocean. Does it get any better than this?!

NOW FOR THE CLARIFICATION PART...:I received a comment on my post "I cannot keep up with the child" and I need to clarify some confusion I created. Zachary, the young man who just graduated and then got married...is the son of one of my longest friends, Betsy and her husband, Bill. We've been close since before Betsy even met her husband, and hence the boys, when they came along, grew up calling me "Aunt". Zachary and Melissa did tell their close/immediate families about 3 weeks prior to their nuptials, and Betsy told me a few days before. I think of Zachary and his brother Matthew as "my boys" and often speak that way about them--and hence created some confusion amongst blog followers. So sorry!

No comments: