Friday, February 25, 2011

Crabby!

No-not me!  The SOUP my darling husband made as an entry for our church's annual Soup Off tomorrow!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE...this soup! If gall bladder surgery means I can go back to eating it---well, it would be worth it!  We found crab soup at a restaurant in Kilmarnock, VA that was awesome. My dh, a great cook, through trial and error, replicated it! In fact, I think it's even better than what we had there! It's even WHEAT and GLUTEN FREE (and I KNOW their's wasn't!)
Anyway-- I don't *know* if the submissions needed labels or not-but he has 'em!  The crab stamp is by Stamp It! and is one of my favorite! I used Publisher's word art to do the crab. Embossed the base with a Cuttlebug "bubble" folder. The ink is called spring iris and is CTMH.  Of course the crab is pop-dotted and I like the way it looks like he's holding the sign in his claw! I'm sure tomorrow I will be posting the blue ribbon (or whatever it is!) he'll win---oh, and if you live close to Oak Island, we're told that the Sub Shop on the island will be featuring the winning soup on Friday and Saturday! Here's hoping that BLUE CRAB = BLUE RIBBON!
Tomorrow...I am off the library to stamp and scrap.  The same dh brought me home photo paper at lunch time so I was able to finish prepping not one but TWO layouts to work on! And, being the over-achiever I am, I am thinking about the THIRD project to prep! I think, instead, it's time to read and relax-perhaps a rum drink!
Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping! Blessings, Sharon

No comments: