Sunday, February 13, 2011

More Wings...

and in more than one way!  I am working on my scrapbook for events of 2010.  I posted not too long ago the wedding pics and pages from my step-son's wedding last June.  There was another special wedding that same month-that of my "nephew", Zachary.  While it wasn't him (but rather his brother) who questioned my "aunt" status (I am an "honorary aunt"--his mom and I have known each other for uh-hum---let's just say A LOT of years and leave it at that! Lol!  They chose a private ceremony with just immediate family but I got to witness the happy event through the AWESOME photography of his REAL aunt, Deborah Hamilton (you can view more of her work at http://www.debhamiltonphotography.com/).  Thanks, Debby, for sharing these special photos with me!  It's amazing to see how this young man has grown into well, a young man of great character.   So-using more of the Close to My Heart Wings paper, stamps from the Take a Picture, Find Your Style Happy Journey AND the Bohemian Alphabet, along with layouts from the Reflections book, this is what I came up with:
The first page of the layout is similar to the one featured in the Spring/Summer catty on p. 25.  I deleted their personal information from the white journaling strips but in the "real deal" it has the date of their wedding, the place and then the city & state.  On the second page I chose to use 4 of the same photos for the sidebar sections (something my husband pointed out: "do you know you have 4 of the same photos on the same page?" Yes, dear, I do...!  I am debating whether or not to add a "swirl" to the left of the butterfly--what do you think?!  And while the photos don't show it, the large butterfly has a lot of dimension--this image is GREAT to cut out and "puff up" the wings simply by bending the cardstock!  This is one stamp I will use A LOT!
Well, I also made darling husband a VALENTINE for tomorrow-so I am off to tweak that a bit as I found fault with it as I was photographing it last night. 
Say a prayer for me-tomorrow is fasting blood work for food allergy testing. My concern is...I have to drive an hour first thing in the morning WITHOUT COFFEE! GASP! Praying, too, Theresa will go with me! Since I have to take the morning off, why not make it a girls play day?! Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping---and don't forget YOUR VALENTINE! Blessings, Sharon

No comments: