Monday, February 14, 2011

Our Love is...

Happy Valentine's Day!  I am *SCHEDULING!* this for the very first minute of Valentine's Day---hopefully--it will happen "on it's own!  Let me start by saying that, three years ago on this special day, my husband proposed!  We had been together for some time and, if truth be told, we were going through a difficult time at that point.  He took me out to dinner at the resturant we had one of our first dates at and, after eating, he asked me to marry him as he plopped the black velvet box on top of the take out box sitting on the table! Lol! He was so nervous, bless his heart!  A marriage takes work-lots of work.  But, like anything, if you work at it...it's wonderful. This was a second marriage for both of us-I was a widow and he a divorcee, so we were approaching things from two very different perspectives.  We've been through tough times, before and after...but we keep working at it.  And it keeps getting better.  This photo was taken last summer at my step-son's wedding reception.  I think the smile on my face says a lot...and is a reminder...of what a heart can sometime forget.  Enough preaching!  Here's what I came up with for this years Valentine...
This is the front...I accidently created this...!  I managed to get a black smudge on the right edge-and had to trim part of the card base off...then I got the idea of attaching the little fold-over panel...it juts a little off the side (it's attached to the backside of the back panel...) and fold over the front...so to open the card... you move the rosette piece...and today, when I opened it, I decided that the inside of the flip panel didn't look finished...see what I mean?  Scroll down...


(Before tweaking...)
(after tweaking!)

and doesn't this look MUCH BETTER?!  I tried to post a close up of the "V"--it's a cherub with the filgree "V" from the Close to My Heart Wings paper collection...it keeps uploading and posting it sideways! Oh well!  All the stamps, papers & inks are Close to My Heart---great for Valentine's Day, huh?! Visit my site: mailto:www.okistampqueen@myctmh.com to order your stamping and scrapbooking supplies!
I also had to post this picture:



Our "Poppa Cat" has taken to lying underneath my Hoosier (old-tyme kitchen hutch)!  There is a heat vent under there and let me tell you--it get's TOASTY WARM!  I've been tempted---oh so tempted!---to crawl under there as well.  There's a scrapbook paper (not CTMH~!) that shows the Wicked Witch's striped stockings and shoes from the Wizard of Oz!  It cracks me up to see this---and that paper is going to make an AWESOME page! Lol.  
Whatever you do---spread some LOVE today---particularly to those who may be missing loved ones, are alone or shut-in.  And, as always, until next time, happy stamping and scrapping! Blessings, Sharon

No comments: