Saturday, April 23, 2011

Next Up...Mother's Day...

 OK--so I don't do Mother's Day well for a number of reasons.  The sentiment that says, "My mother is a travel agent for guilt trips" pretty well sums it up. So much so---we simply e-mail. Very seldom at that.  There are those out there who don't have great mom relationships--or don't have children of their own-or have step children (and husbands of the same)  who simply don't recognize them since they are merely "step mothers". Whatever the case, please be sensitive and think about that BEFORE you wish someone happy mother's day.   That's my rant for today!
There are those, however, who have GREAT MOMS and who do want to recognize their WIFE on Mother's Day.  So here's my before--these are purchased blank notecards wayyyyy to pretty to pass up from Michaels....and here's the outside of the finished product....I added a silk ribbon, bow, hand-stamped (popped up, of course!) tag (SU set that's older than dirt!), crystals and then added a K& Co. glittered dimensional flower group. Once again, my poor photography doesn't do it justice!  The sentiment for the Mother card
 that I printed out using the RBG code to match the CTMH hollyhock ink color says: " There's no velvet as soft as a mother's lap, no rose as lovely as her smile, no path so flowery as that imprinted with her footsteps.-Archibald Thompson
   Happy Mother's Day"

The sentiment for "To My Wife" card says:
Happy Mother’s Day To My Wife

On Mother’s day, I want to wish
Happy Mother’s Day to my wonderful wife;
My friend, my love, a terrific mom,
You bring so much happiness into my life.
You’re everything to this family;
I appreciate you, and I want to say,
The day we met, I was truly blessed.
Happy, Happy Mother’s Day!

I *think& I got everything sufficiently sappy enough?! 
I was cleaning today and the empty clothes basket ended up under the "pew" (we have a church pew from our old chapel that we cut down to use as a bench at our kitchen table...)  It didn't take long for this to happen...Poppa Cat is on the outside trying to figure out how to get to the "baby", aka Inky, who's inside the basket! Or perhaps PC is holding him hostage?! Lol. Cats LOVE boxes, baskets, anything they can try and squeeze into.  Well, I am off to put the sentiments into the cards and bundle them up for the office on Monday. My hubby's boss liked them and allows me to send them in so people can "shop" in the breakroom! How sweet is that?!  Until next time, HAVE A BLESSED EASTER and happy stamping and scrapping! Blessings, Sharon



No comments: