Saturday, April 30, 2011

New "do"!

It's been a tough year for me! Been to more doctors and through more tests than I care to count.  So a month ago when I was at wits end (and waiting on the biopsy results so completely stressed), I thought, "I'll go get my hair done-that always makes me feel better!" Well, if it hadn't been a good year for me-it was sure a bad day for my hairdresser! And I paid for it-in more ways than one!  The color was all wrong (it looked colored-not natural at all!) and the cut was atrocious, too!  I've lived with what I've called "helmet hair" for a month now-no shape, no style.  Lots of shampooing to pull the color out.  People were coming up to me saying, "Looks like your hairdresser had some fun with color!" Yep. Few liked it--but it really looked dyed red.  And I don't like dyed red.  Not when my hair has a pretty natural red to it (just that there's some gray that's sprinkled in there that needed some attention (hubby kept saying my gray made him feel old!)Yesterday, with some fear and trepidation, I went to a new hairdresser. I was armed with photos.  For now, I just wanted to deal with a decent cut.  She listened. She asked questions. I have short, naturally curly hair. It's not that hard to do. I *should have* taken a "before" pic so you could fully appreciate the improvement! The best  can do is the pic from my stepson's wedding last year:

With short hair, there's not a whole lot of "changing" style...however I did mention to the stylist yesterday that I liked it blown out and combed down, too--and this is what she did:
whatcha think?! 

The first person I saw that knew me-was astonished-in a GOOD WAY!  She absolutely loved it and said it made me look years younger! I'll take that!  Think I will keep it, too! Just gotta learn to use that large round brush and some new tool called a flat iron!  With the humidity in the air today (and the pending rainstorm) my curls are back! That's ok.  I now know that with a little tweaking I can have two very different looks! And, thankfully, the color is back to what I like (very close to my natural color!) Now-just have to find my tiara! Lol! 
Off to make one more set of pinwheels for my desk at work!  Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping! Blessings, Sharon

1 comment:

Stressed Stamper said...

love love love the new look...really suits you hun
Sarah x