Friday, April 1, 2011

With Sympathy...

I think we'd all agree that sympathy cards are not our first choice to make...or even buy.  My good great friend, Theresa, lost her uncle earlier this week.  This is the card that I made for her...that I "cased" from another site and-my apologies--I cannot find the paper that has the name of the blog I got it from...

I love this bird in the tall marsh grasses even though it never photographs well.  In real life it's very pretty.  The paper is from the Close to My Heart Wings packet and is the juniper color.  It is a solid base with the three panels on the left mounted directly to the base as well as the card that opens on the right.  Nifty little tweak to a typical card.  I am off to create one for her parents as well...not sure it if will be the same.

On a closing note, it's been an insane week for me with battles with health care practitioners.  I think I am winning, however. All I can say is...PLEASE do not accept practitioners who simply want to pat you on the back, hand you a prescription, and take your copay-not necessairly in that order! If they don't listen--don't follow through---FIND SOMEONE ELSE! And, if I dare trust the nurse that left a message, my biopsies came back normal so the cancer scare was just that-a scare.  Until I see the actual report with my own eyes, I am remaining cautiously optomistic.  I got that word while having my hair done so at least I was able to exhale a little and enjoy that treat. My hairdresser, David, is a vet and he and his salon are doing the hair for the Wounded Women Warriors tomorrow.  He was excited and said, "It's really an honor to be doing that for them." 
Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon

1 comment:

Stressed Stamper said...

sending you a hug - wrong to find out any dr's message like that especially cancer - my little sister has terminal cancer and I had to go for tests, but had to get face to face contact with dr for the results...not nice..we in the UK have a complaints Co. here that deal with matters like that...Fad car - not a nice one to make -nor ones that you make in advance.I have that embossing folder - love it
Hugs Sarah