Sunday, January 23, 2011

Oh, Baby!


Good morning all! First and foremost, THANK YOU for the good thoughts and prayers! More on that later! First up-the little baby boy brag book I whipped up yesterday for the new grandma at the OKI Library...this little embellishment on the front is too cute in that, if you push that little red button on the left...the lights on the mobile light up! Tried to capture that in the photo but it didn't work. The cover is out of some chipboard cards that I purchased. The perfect size and weight for mini books! Bound it of course with the Bind It All. The inside pages are white cardstock cut to size, some pages embellished a wee bit with some baby stickers that have been in my stash for forever (as was the cover embellishment! Somewhat surprised it still worked!)










Think she will like it? Hope so! Off to deliver it soon! Wanted to use the Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder but it's MIA in the magic disaster-eh, craft-room. Theresa, when I find it-make sure it gets stuck, somehow, to my person! I cannot seem to keep track of that one and it's always a "go-to" for me. I used my *new* "Spots and Dots" folder instead. Going to try a new way of storing the folders-my little notebooks worked well but my collection is outgrowing them!

We have two feral cats....and, it seems, a baby opossum as well...we call him (or her?) Simon/Simone...(ever read Rita Mae Brown Sneaky Pie series?)
The feral cats don't seem to mind sharing their food-they know Momma will take care of all the critters--"Moe" is actually sitting just outside the picture watching! And I couldn't help but take this photo of Inky and Poppa Cat yesterday...

The baby (on the left) was still feeling puny. The diagnosis was...he ate the Christmas tree. Funny-because I kept telling the vet that, after he eats, he gets this "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" look (if you're old enough to remember the Alka Seltzer commercial...). Yep, cats may have tough tummies but they cannot digest (artificial) Christmas tree spines. I'll spare you the details of treatment. He was just laying around all day and wanted Momma. When I wasn't available, he "reached out" to his buddy! As long as he was touching PC he was ok without me! The good news is, thanks to our awesome vet and staff, prayers, and some healing time, today he was eating, playing and acting NORMAL! The sun is out, it is not snowing (was yesterday!), and even though it's cold--with the sun, it's much more tolerable. Ok. So now I need to go do the flylady thing. I have to confess-the Christmas decorations are taking over the guest bedroom! Still. Time to get them back to the attic! Mt. Washmore needs some attention, too. I hope that this week I can get back to my normal Flylady routine(s). This week was just crazy. Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping! Blessings, Sharon ps/Only a week left on the January Inspirations sale and deals-so check it out and take advantage of it http://okistampqueen@myctmh.com

1 comment:

Stressed Stamper said...

I thinks she will love it - what a great gift
Hugs
Sarah x