Sunday, March 17, 2013

Easter Critters

I cannot take credit for this idea and project!
Julie Davison posted it on her blog today.
She did a great job and an easy to follow
video tutorial
 
Here's my attempt to case her project...



I think I will add a cotton ball on the backside for a tail...
particularly since they are for preschoolers...

They are a nice treat-size.
A few jellybeans or something similar
will fit nicely.
No sugar overload with these guys!
They whipped up pretty quick.
Since I did not have all the Stampin Up punches,
I turned to my Close to My Heart
Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.
To make the body---
(check out Julie's blog---)
or just cut cardstock at
 5"x 2 1/2",
the 5" side scored at 2 1/2"
then make a tic mark on each of the 2 1/2" sides
at 1 1/4" mark.
You then score from that center point to the first score line,
repeat on all 3 sides.
This folds up into your triangle box.
Fold the piece in half,
punch holes on either side of the triangle
run ribbon thru, fill your box and tie in a  bow to close it.
The Cricut comes in at making the wings for the chick,
along with the feet and ears for the rabbit.
The chick--cut the banner scallop on p. 69
at 2 1/2".
For the bunny,
I cut the oval on p. 42 at 1" for the feet
and the oval on p. 22 at 1" for the ears.
I just dabbed on some pink
for the center of the ears and for the feet.
You could cut smaller ovals for these as well.
 
My conundrum is...
the bows make them look like
GIRL bunnies...
and I do have boys to give them to.
May have to find an alternative for securing theirs.
 
Again,
MANY THANKS
to Julie for sharing her idea!
It will make 20+ preschoolers very hoppy-er, HAPPY!
 
Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,


No comments: