Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Royal Phone Thrones...!

Ok. I am beside myself with glee this morning. NOT over the fact that the Bad Cat, who wouldn't come in off the back deck last night woke me up with a serenade at 4 AM---which turned into a duet when  Poppa Cat joined in shortly after...But ---this is what happened after a cup of coffee, some hot glue, and a little imagination...

Hmmm...I wonder if these would sell well? Who wouldn't like a little bit of beach atmosphere?!
I absolutely ADORE them!!!  I cannot for the life of me find the jar of "beachy beads" to add some (make believe) sand to the flip flops, chair and shells-but can add that later (real sand was used in the photo shoot and yes, those are real shells found by moi on the chairs!)  I used 2 of  these chairs to practice the crackle finish before I attempt the frame.  I had some of this green left over from a real sized similar chair that sits in our bedroom.  I wonder I could bribe Barbara from Barbara's World of Whimciees to make me a little red-headed mermaid (with a tiara of course!) to sit in one of them! Actually, I have an Adirondack chair lamp a little larger than these that's the same color on my dresser that I've been wanting one for!  I love Adirondack chairs but, unfortunately, they are often too big for me to be comfortable in--I feel like Edith Ann--'Member Her?!
I have found some custom-sized chairs--but the price tag is well out of the royal tote bag's limits!
Well, the crackle isn't drying too fast on the frame project--and watching paint dry is not my idea of fun...so I think I will go wake up all the napping kitties and maybe do some coloring on the cards I want to do for the preschool teachers as I found some great paper for those yesterday as well!
Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Really CUTE! And YES they would sell!

Theresa Dagostino Forge said...

Those came out so cute!!! And you are soo fast!