Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saturday...

No crafty stuff today...the OKI StampQueen spent the last 3-4 days sidelined with a fibromyalgia flare up.  Not fun.  Lots of pain.  I did *nothing* yesterday.   That was NOT in my plan as my friend Betsy would say! I had a lot of things-crafty and otherwise-that I had hoped to get accomplished. It didn't happen that way.  Thankfully, I am over the worst of it.  Thank you, Jesus! So I guess putting myself down vs. pushing my limits paid off. Today...Theresa and I go to Myrtle Beach to take  a Copic (marker) class.  I'm excited! In the meantime...here's a few things to share:
Books...some time back I discovered  Sarah Addison Allen-she's written several books: Garden Spells, The Sugar Queen, The Girl Who Chased the Moon, and her most recent, The Peach Keeper. I've read all but The Peach Keeper. Some I've read twice! I clicked on the trailer for The Peach Keeper. It's narrated by Karen White who I had not heard of until 5 minutes ago! I LOVE her accent! I love Google, too, as I was able to quickly find a list of other books she's narrated (oops-going back--not other books she's narrated-
: (    --she's written a # of books-bummers). Now to try and find good deals on some of them! While I doubt they will be ones hubby would enjoy-maybe he'll be as enthralled as I am by her accent and suffer through the book versions of "chic flicks!". 

Catnip. Poppa Cat decided to play with one of my catnip fish last night...
This last one clearly says "MINE!"  You can see the cat spit on it! Ewww.  He's the one that "overdosed" on catnip the first time I got an order in after he moved in with us.  He went nuts over the box--the catnip was boxed, wrapped in paper, and sealed in plastic! He chewed the box, tore up the paper, and then went crazy when I opened the package! It's that fresh and potent! Always my best-sellers at craft shows by far! Want some for your four-legged friends? Check out this post:http://okistampqueen.blogspot.com/2011/04/gift-giving-ideas.html


Remember the commercial for cereal? "Give it to Mikey--he will eat anything?"  Well, I am going to start calling Bad Cat "Mikey" instead!  This cat has started trying all kinds of different things! He LOVES spaghetti sauce.  And has tried a whole menu of other things. Last night I had some home-grown peas in the pod and some cajun dip ready for my husband to snack on when he got home from work.  He wasn't the only one snacking, however...first...the sniffing...
then the getting ready...
Note the tongue action! Lol. He couldn't get enough!  It's mayo and sour cream with the herbs added. He wouldn't eat the pea-just wanted the dip! Too funny!
Not to leave the "baby" (aka Inky) out--this is what I found in the basket that had the peas in it...


 he's a wee bit bigger than the basket...notice the backside hanging over the edge?!

and there's a little hole in the corner of it...see the paw poking out?



my husband calls this "cat-fishing"! Looks like he caught one, too!
(blogger says this pic is "centered"? go figure?!)

Well, I need to get some things done around the royal household before I take off to play.  Thanks for the prayers for healing--they worked!  Now to not over-do playing catch up! Whatever you do, until next time, happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon

1 comment:

Theresa Dagostino Forge said...

these kitties belong in Hollywood!!!! Too funny~