Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tuesday...

Flowers...two days in a row!  I am loving this, let me tell you!  He's certainly earning some points! 
It's not always been sunshine and flowers however.  We've been through some dark times-and we almost didn't make it.  With lots of prayer, support and hard work, we're finding our way back.  It takes time-and it takes work.  It's not easy. But the good times are worth it.  Gotta remember...there will be  bad times-it's inevitable as we are human-but they are temporary if you keep talking, keep working, hang on to the memories of the good times and remember God is with you no matter what.

The first blog I look at happens to be
Ali Edwards.  Please go to this link: http://aliedwards.com/2011/05/dear-16-year-old-me-skin-cancer-awareness.html#more-12429 and watch the video.  It deals with skin cancer.  Although I am the fair-skinned natural red-head whose had more than a few bad sunburns in her days, it's my husband whose been battling skin cancers.  He's had countless moles removed. Thankfully, most have been just fine.  There's been a few that required more invasive surgery to remove.  Not fun.  Scary. Thankfully, he listens to his physician and has regular check ups. If I see something new or different, he will call and see her sooner (it helps that she's good-looking! I really don't care if it gets him there! lol!)  He wears hats to protect his face and long sleeves if were out on the boat or he's in the sun.  He does all he can to prevent futher issues.  Yeah, it can be a pain.  But...I've seen first-hand what chemo and radiation can do. My late husband went through lung cancer.  Believe me, putting on a little sunscreen, wearing a hat or long sleeves is nothing compare to the weight loss, hair loss, nausea-not to mention the expense (I stopped counting at $180,000!)--of the alternative.  I get really angry at the women who moan and complain about the pain of mammograms.  It's lss than 5 minutes, people. Get over it!  As the old addage goes "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"--at least I think I got that right!
Anyway, PLEASE share this if you do nothing else today.  Have those check ups.  It's worth it. Trust me. And if you won't do that...then please call your lawyer and update your will!

Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings, Sharon

1 comment:

Stressed Stamper said...

stunning photo hun - lovely posting
sending hugs
Sarah x