Sunday, July 3, 2011

D is for Dog...

Been a wee bit busy between getting Carla (aka Ms. C) settled this week and my step-son visiting!
I did want to make something special for her new owner to thank her for giving her a forever home.
I actually had the book in my stash to be finished
(just needed the cover embellished, rings & ribbon added) and the amazing thing was--I was able to find it! lol! 



I made a card to go with it...
I just used the SU top note die and cut my cardstock base
just to the inside edge
also layered the dp on top of that so actually cut three layers at once...
and then repurposed an old bag
(shock---we LOVED this store-it's the second place my stamp addiction took off-it opened the same year my late husband passed away and it was my "sanctuary" for a number of years-broke our hearts when it closed and I cherish anything I have with it's name on it--including their old bags!) to make it look like this...


We didn't see Karen in church this am so we're going to use it as an "excuse" (as if we need one!)
to go and visit them! ; )

I also made hubby's birthday card today---and will post that tomorrow-
he's a firecracker baby!
Now it's time to get ready for a boat ride, reading and relaxing!
Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,

No comments: