Friday, January 15, 2010

Free Advice...!

I met Theresa for lunch at McD's today---needed that girltime!--and stopped at our local Wal-Mart to get some more blue and brown ribbon. While I was there, I decided to look and see what they offered (if anything!) in mini, portable sewing machines. One of the well, not-so-recent but something I've not done much of rages in scrapbooking is sewing. Yes, sewing--particularly machine sewing. I was standing there looking at the adorable machine-yes, mini, yes portable, yes for scrapbooking (not that you can't use your regular machine but for classes and things-I want it to go...)--AND it came in a pretty purple or a (not so pretty) blue. A little pricey but reasonable. It was also a Singer (Pixie) brand. Well--it's Singer--it has to be good! About the time that my conscience was filing this info away and thinking, "hmmm, let's check e-bay and see how their prices compare..." the nice, blond haired lady who usually works in that department came up to me and said "Don't buy that!" I was kinda taken aback and said "Oh?" And she proceeded to tell me--numerous times while shaking her head no--that it was a "bad machine". She said it is cheaply made, it breaks, they have had more returned than she can count...do not buy it!!! I of course thanked her profusely. She just saved me lots of frustration and money! So---if anyone out there does know of a GOOD portable sewing machine made more specifically for scrapbooking (I have no clue what the difference(s) would be...) please let me know-I am on the look out for one. All that said-buyer beware-according to the WM lady, do not buy a Singer "Pixie" sewing machine!
Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping.
Blessings, Sharon

1 comment:

Stressed Stamper said...

Hi there - do not have a specific - craft machine - just use my trusty old sewing machine as don't do much sewing these days and that works fine for me, and just change the needle when I want to "proper" sew....when I look at blogs and see peoples craft rooms I always see normal machines not craft ones
hugs
Sarah