Thursday, January 7, 2010

UH-OH!

So...I saw some stamp sets I liked on-line back a week or so ago and decided to order. They arrived today. Now, I thought I was (by now) a pretty good judge at size. I didn't, however, have a RULER handy...and "assumed" from the picture it was big enough to do what I had designed in my head. Maybe those were the problems: 1) my head was completely clogged at the time (when I look at the photo of my hubby and I on Christmas day--my nose and cheeks on either side look black and blue as well as swollen!) and 2) maybe I WANTED the stamp to be bigger than what it was and imagined it so. That's not all, though!!! One set came all cut out --I thought I got clear stamps-these are red rubber (like the wood-mounted stamps except these are unmounted. The other set, however, which contains some very detailed designs, are UNCUT!!! Did I mention I hate cutting out stamps?! I was soooo glad when SU began selling their sets pre-cut...or when Theresa cuts them out for me. I got a great pair of SU scissors from her that will slice through the rubber and foam mounting---but its just one more thing I have to do---and they are just not what I expected! Pretty, and I will use them...but still. So---I am going to mount a ruler someplace accessible but maybe out of sight on my desk (WM actually sold some tape at one point that looked like a ruler---a piece of that on the slide out tray would work fine!)---so I can MEASURE before I buy...and I will certainly read DESCRIPTIONS a little more closely! Live and learn...Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon ps/there's another post from today before this one...a "two-fer"!! ; )

1 comment:

Stressed Stamper said...

Done this also - more haste and less speed - but also like you I see an image and think I must have it, and when it comes - ugh!...hey ho, we live and learn...