Saturday, January 16, 2010

Let's go shopping...

It's actually SUNDAY---and I attempted to post this yesterday...but someone in our house (probably me!) unplugged the camera battery charger...and I didn't check it before I put the battery in to charge! So--here it is, a day late...!

Let's go shopping ...And I will use my new "wallets"! ; )
Even though all did not go well in the Stamp Queen's kingdom this afternoon (ie sewing on paper is not going to be something I can do; the paper and embossing folder kept slipping and going cattywhampus in the Big Shot; I ran out of redline tape; my tape gun is gummed up...etc.), I did manage to try this project that's been on Split Coast Stampers. It is TOO CUTE! With the dry embossing with the Big Shot, and then ink and covering it in embossing powder-it really does look like leather! And, since I love patent leather (its timeless and classy...), I thought if I took black paper, covered it with ink, embossed-would it do the same thing? The answer is yes! I did two layers of embossing powder and heated it really, really well (I did not set anything on fire but it was really, really hot-ask me how I know---: O !). It looks like the real deal. I would change one or two things up (in addition to the sewing), but I can see making a whole lot of these--great small teacher or girlfriend gift-stocking stuffers...you name it. I think, for me, this would be a great thing to put my ACM coupons (when I remember to print them! Theresa's laughing at me-she always brings extra 'cause I forget or loose them!), the receipts I need to hang on too, etc. They are just too cute! Once you work out the quirks--and make a few improvements on it, they are going to be SO EASY to do (my groupies are groaning---easy for you to say-it involves REDLINE TAPE!) It will-I promise!
I am off to go find a warm blankie, a cat and watch a movie. Rain and fibro pain (and cold) seem to go hand in hand. Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping! Blessings, Sharon

2 comments:

Stressed Stamper said...

Really really good -OMG thought at first you had had a handbag shopping spree - stunning work

Theresa Dagostino Forge said...

beautiful!!! maybe one should be for ME to hold your AC Moore coupons!! HAHA