Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Girl Is...

Innocence playing in the mud, Beauty standing on it's head, and Motherhood dragging a doll by the foot. So says the sentiment in the Cloud 9 Designs set of stamps I used for the sentiment on this card. The little girl on the left (that I really did color!) is a Mo Manning Digital stamp image. It's been a verrrrrrrry long time since I've got to make a little girl anything...so I had some serious mental blocks over what to do! One of my husband's co-workers just welcomed their first baby girl. They have two boys already. We've decided to give them a gift card--I am sure that there's not a lot of "girly" things hanging around and of course DIAPERS are always welcome. This way they can choose what they want/need. The gift card...will slip behind the sentiment panel and still be visible. Other than the wonky "W" that didn't rub on right, do you see my goof? Um, as I was laying things out...I decided I liked the pink layers in the middle without the heart layer added...I was, however, going to add the heart layer to the right-hand panel that has Grace's picture on it...and forgot. Rather than try to rip it all apart at 8 at night and mess the whole thing up-I left it-and decided (now) that I like it! Big Big Brother sure looks proud, doesn't he? But the look on Little Big Brother's face is priceless! I can't decide if he can't decide what she is...or if he is somewhat miffed about no longer being THE BABY himself! They are adorable--as is baby Grace Anne! That's all I got for today. It's newsletter & post office day for me at the "real"
job (means lunch with Theresa! Yeah!)--so I won't get anything done this afternoon--again. Hoping Thursday and Friday will be extremely productive and I will get some things to Artistry on Saturday and have some things to show off here! Until next time, happy stamping and
scrapping. Blessings, Sharon

1 comment:

Theresa Dagostino Forge said...

It came out so pretty~ even if the "W" isnt how you wanted.