Friday, January 8, 2010

Too Early to be Up...

But Better Than Yesterday! BAD CAT (who today I agree is aptly named!) started "cooing" under our bed for his breakfast at 4:30. They normally ask to be fed around 6:15 and believe me, I'd rather they wait until 7! Honestly, does this look like a STARVING CAT to you?! Lol. Since Inky has special food, I feed BC and PC separate from him-BC was somewhat surprised when he received an empty bowl-: O --but has had the sense to be quiet about it. Everyone else had a nice breakfast and yes, don't fret, I will feed BC later. He's a smart kitty and I think this may actually sink in...well, he is a male...! Night before, however, all of them decided it was time to play on the bed from 2:30 on. Needless to say not much sleep happened and Momma was not a happy camper because of it on top of still being sick!
oK---so on to stamping stuff! First, since its probably time to take down all that we decked the halls with, slip on over to Ali Edward's blog (www.aliedwards.typepad.com) and see what she's done with the photos she received in her Christmas cards as well as the cards themselves. I like this idea to document the "as they grow" aspect of families and kids over the years. Adding a card here and there makes for a nice embellishment. Or, simply try the mosaic layout that Nora (Hi Nora!) taught some of us last year. Tammi Potter (www.tammipotter.com) has an awesome book on the art of mosaic layout scrapbooking. Ok---another AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME blog I found...is www.pickledpaperdesigns.blogspot.com. There are so many beautiful cards and things on this site you will be drooling. I am afraid to ask how long she spends on some of the cards she does! I really enjoyed scrolling and drooling through all the back blog posts she had. Hubby wanted to read and I couldn't get focused to I spent the time checking out this site. It is a FAVORITE for sure! Well, life as we know it on the island will stop today. There is rain and snow predicted. Not a good mix for a hmm, tropical area. EVERYTHING and EVERYONE goes into panic mode (almost as bad as hurricane prep!) and everything shuts down. Over a mere dusting. I really have to laugh over it---I grew up right on Lake Erie in Ohio---I walked to school in snowdrifts well over my head! We drove and functioned and lived in that stuff for months. I am sure Theresa's parents who are visiting from NY will also get a kick out of how we handle a few flakes. Me-I plan on staying tucked inside working on class kits and finishing housework...oh-and feeding the BAD CAT! Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon

1 comment:

Theresa Dagostino Forge said...

love the picture!!!!! and yes, we had a good laugh over the "snow" panic~