Friday, February 19, 2010

Commercials...


Today's blog-and for good reason-feature some "commercials"! First and foremost, for any fibromyalgia suffers out there--find a HEATED POOL...and a water aerobics instructor who can teach you some GENTLE stretches to do in the water. You will find RELIEF!!! This is the first time I have been almost completely pain-free in I can't tell you how long thanks to my friend, Robin. I first met Robin when I went to work for her at Robin's Nest-her day care center. She was extremely nice and although life's path took us in different directions, those paths have intersected time and again over the years. She now teaches water aerobics and encouraged me to come out to the new Aquatics Center at our local community college. It is an awesome facility and Robin was her usual patient, easy going self and walked me through-literally-some easy stretches. It seems the water at chest level helps to compress the muscles so that when you get out, even after the GENTLE workout I had, the muscles release-hence my RELIEF. I was in the water for only 1/2 hr.--it took longer to get there than I was in! I know I will sleep better tonight and hopefully feel better tomorrow, too because of it. Anything is better than more meds!
Before I went today, I wanted to make a thank you card for her...I've been itching to try the "Side Step" card I found on Julie Davison's blog (http://juliedavison.com/) --and I have fallen in love with it (I did, of course, alter it a bit...the panels attached to the card and "steps" are bigger than what she used-but she used the ornament stamp set most of our groupies got from SU from Theresa...hmm,, good 2010 Christmas card you could start now on!)You do need to have a paper cutter like the Fiskers or Cutterbee or something similar (where you have a blade that slides down a grooved arm vs. a "guillotine" style paper cutter)-and a Score Pal. Other than those tools, this card is easy-peasy and here's what I came up with...

The paper and inks are CTMH--the stamps well, the sun is a Mary Englebright but not sure about the others. The other "commercial" I want to do is for Martha's Around the Page Punches and an e-bay site/store called RitzCamera.com. While I was sitting at the computer last Saturday, I saw and fell in love with the Deco Shells Around the Page punch set. There are two punches-one to do the corner, the other that punches three shells at a time. Granted, you have to use certain size paper to get this to work, and Martha's punches don't always work well on heavier papers/cardstock-but it makes a beautiful border when it does work. Anyway, I digress. The e-bay site was, as I mentioned, RitzCamera.com. My punches arrived on Tuesday! I ordered them on Sat.--so that was a mere 2-3 days! Very fast, and I thought their price on the punches was reasonable, too. I will be looking to see what others they have!
Well, I have not one but three new craft magazines waiting on me...and my hubby is going to brave the cold to grill hot dogs for supper (one of my favorites!) to maybe I will go see what I can rustle up to go with them since I forgot the potato salad (and yes, I was in two different Wal-Mart's today and still forgot!). So, until next time, happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon

2 comments:

Theresa Dagostino Forge said...

very pretty~ love the colors

Stressed Stamper said...

Missed this card - and totally love it - love the old images and you made a great job of it...love the sentiment