Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day...

Note: Blogger has been less than cooperative today! So if this is cattywhampus in any way--forgive me--I guess I should be grateful I got it posted at all! S.
Other than getting up to make this card for my hubby and to clean the table up afterwards-I have to confess...I didn't do much of anything yesterday other than that and the walk we took in the SNOW! I am an "on the go" type person. I hardly ever sit still. It drives my husband craZy sometimes. Yesterday, when I sat down to take a peek at my favorite blogs, Inky (aka the kitten) decided to curl up in my lap. About an hour later he was still there...My husband was going to go take a nap and I said I needed to get up and get some things done--then the headache hit. Migraine. So, I took my medicine and stayed put...for two more hours! The kitten was content---I less so but the fact that I just sat still was HUGE for me! I'd like to say between that and the medicine it helped. Not so much. But I did discover some new blogs, ordered the paint for my tape gun, and enjoyed the little ball of fur in my lap! My hubby brought me a bowl of homemade crab soup which I thoroughly enjoyed, too! And I DID...get his valentine done when I did get up! I've had the "peanut butter and jelly" stamp since before Christmas! I knew I was going to use it in some way for his Valentine. I thought I would do a circle card---until i realized none of my punches were big enough and I didn't want to mess with trying to cut one with other methods. This is an easel card and this is what I came up with. More of the paper from My Mind's Eye, the bracket and Valentine sentiment from Close to My Heart set, the peanut butter and jelly sentiment from Farmer's Market (anyone know where I can find more of those-they are adorable!); ink Cranberry, Cocoa and Black CTMH;embossing powder-um,not sure as with the jar stamp (I've had it forever-it was one of my first stamps!); ribbon offray, buttons-who knows. He really liked it-said it wasn't too girly! Lol. Hope you have a great Valentine's Day! Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon

No comments: