Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What a Celebration!

And while our Thanksgiving was very nice as you heard on my previous post, that's not the celebration I am referring to this morning. We just returned from a very quick trip (if you consider 7 hrs. one way "quick"!) to Virginia (we live in NC). Sunday we witnessed the renewal of vows and the celebration of 60 years of marriage of some dear friends of ours, Dick and Louise Kelley. There are no words to describe the love, commitment and devotion between these two people for each other, for their Lord and Savior and for their family. It was one of the most touching experiences of my life. And, unfortunately, I have no photos of the happy occasion, either. I've been frustrated for sometime with my little digital point and shoot-and it's failed me yet again (If anyone out there would kindly share what type of camera they have and their likes and dislikes I would be most grateful!). I am going to bite the bullet and pick SOMETHING to start with. I am looking for lightweight and a good zoom. Then I am going to sign up for classes to learn how to use it right. I may never be as good as Joel but I gotta do better! I was heartbroken to come home and see every photo blurred.
As you can imagine, there wasn't much time to visit with the happy couple during the festivities, so we stopped yesterday morning on our way out of town to deliver our gift and spend some time catching up. Not only did we have a great visit with them, but I also had the opportunity to meet a delightful young lady--their 22 year old granddaughter, Alexandria Kelley. When she mentioned that she had finished the pictures and put them in a book for her grandmother, you KNOW what my next question was! She said she not only scrapbooks but she stamps as well! That's all it took! We were two chatterboxes from that point on! She has such enthusiasm and excitement and I really hope that we'll someday have some "playtime" together. My mind was racing all the way home of things I wanted to ask her, tell her, share with her!
I am so glad we went and it was nice to have a get-away, but I am glad to be back home and getting back into some routines and begin preparation for Christmas. Also anxiously waiting to see the doctor tomorrow. While I had some "attacks" while we were gone, I did eat wrong on the way home yesterday and was paying for it last evening. Indeed, there are gall stones. The questions are how to deal with them without surgery...or with surgery as a last resort if other options don't work. But that's tomorrow, Scarlett! Today...it's back to work, put some goodies in the mail for Alexandria, tidy up at home, bring down some Christmas decorations and catch up on petting my kitties and blog-hopping! Whew-maybe I'd better have another cup of coffee first! Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping! Blessings, Sharon

No comments: