Saturday, June 18, 2011

Diva Dah-ling!

So the night before my surgery...I got to go and see my dah-ling goddaughter play Veruca Salt in Willie Wonka, Jr. at her her school.  This is a Montessori School and each year they do a production in conjunction with their graduation.  Last year-she was a flying monkey in The Wizard of Oz. This year-the spoiled diva daughter!  She got to yell, stomp her feet, roll her eyes and toss her hair about.  I cracked up! Really. Her teacher has her pegged! I can't say it was a real stretch of her acting ability! She was a natural! Lol. Yeah, gotta love her!   There was a lot to get done before I was down--and a card or flowers just didn't happen. So today I went to work on putting together what's been brewing in my brain...
Mo's image fit perfect! And there's a clip art site for Willie Wonka that I pulled the "backdrop" photo from along with the top hat-the Willie Wonka Jr. I did in Publisher using WordArt...


 I used a step card format --scanned the program pages and highlighted her parts to make the side panels...

added a copy of  the golden ticket that was in my candy bar I received at the door...
had the date, place and time of their production...

added my sentiments on the back side....

and, since it was all rather hefty and "drooping" a wee bit from my layers (as well as the humidity here---)
I added a "brace" to the bottom...
As usual, my card's too big for the enve--so it wasn't going to fold up anyway!
Time to put myself back down and read for a bit.  And try not to scratch the incisions.
Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping.
Blessings, Sharon

No comments: